Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How To Stay Warm In Florida

The day-after-Christmas was a big cleanup day here at home and finding places for brand new gifts. A lot of people take advantage of sales, but that has never interested me since I don't need anything and don't like crowds. The day also became very windy and cold. My husband is always hot and I'm always cold, so we play a sort of tug o' war with the thermostat. For Christmas he bought me leg warmers and a foot heating pad for the bed. I put flannel sheets on the bed. My bedroom was Christmas Storing, Staging and Wrapping Area, so my happiest accomplishment was clearing off the treadmill. It feels great to get back on it and walk off some Christmas leftovers, and as this cold weather has continued, I've also discovered that when I'm chilly, a walk on the treadmill warms me right up--without touching the thermostat.

No comments: