Monday, December 27, 2010

Go Truffles!

A few people think vegetarians are weird and bizarre hippies, but I was just raised that way. The thought of eating a dead animal turns my stomach, so I don't. I like to eat organic and am usually vegan, but I try not to stress about food. I've seen a lot of people become fanatical about food, and I refuse to do that. Just trying to keep it in perspective. Life is for living.

My wonderful husband (who is an omnivore like a bear) gave me truffle oil for Christmas. Tonight I made eggplant parmesan and had my first truffle taste. It smelled rather different and strong, almost musky or smokey, so I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. My 12 year old son had never been brave enough to try eggplant, but his truffle curiosity made him throw caution to the wind. We all agree. The verdict is: divine!

No comments: