Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Granite or Quartz Countertop?

We drove to Orlando stone yards to look at quartz countertops, but we really couldn't see much because the big slabs are turned in to protect them from damage. That was disappointing. Everywhere we go, the stone companies seem annoyed by quartz and insist that it really isn't more durable than granite, and that everything I've read on the internet is put out by the quartz companies to sell their product. I'm so confused. I think granite is beautiful, and I can find it a lot cheaper than quartz. How do I know what is true?

Later that day...

Conrad called me and said that after examining our chocolate brown Diamond cabinets (and probably talking with the manufacturer), Lowe's agreed to order our cabinets in black at no extra charge to us. The kitchen project is moving forward again! I am so relieved. I may get a working kitchen yet this year!

I've also decided to start considering granite countertops. My friends with granite love it; my friends with quartz love it. So we'll see what we end up with. It will be a surprise (to me).

No comments: