Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Quiet Sunday

I got up before 7 a.m. and was so excited about picking Jacob up from camp. I woke Conrad up and we were on our way when I got a call that a friend will bring him home, so we turned around and came home. On our way home, we passed a gas station and saw a woman and man in a camper, and it looked just like my sister and her husband. We turned around and drove over to them and honked and waved...but it wasn't them. We hurried and drove home, red-faced.

My camera started taking red, streaky pictures. I changed the batteries and bought a new memory card, and it would take one or two good pictures, and then was back to the streaky, blurry photos. I was ready to throw it away and was searching for a new camera, when I impulsively decided to Google the problem. Among all the advice to "toss the camera" was one person who suggested contacting Canon. I did that, and they were aware of a malfunctioning part that caused this problem, and offered to fix it for free. They even sent me a shipping label. I got an e-mail from them that it's been fixed and is on its way back to me. Wow! Canon really stood behind their product and gained one loyal customer! I have my camera back and it's like new.

My husband is so multi-talented. A few days ago he gave my long hair a trim and did a really good job! I need him to help me dye it again. He's pretty genius at lightening my hair. Conrad is currently making Sunday morning breakfast. He's a good cook too.

I've been pondering Jacob's homeschool in the fall, and I think for the first time in 13 years I don't need to buy anything! He is going to be so super busy with classes and extra-curriculars that I need to be careful to not overload him. There are just so many great opportunities where we live! He'll be going to homeschool classes offered at one church on Tuesdays, another church on Thursdays (I'll be teaching piano and Conrad is teaching marine science), and yet another church for band on Mondays. Churches are very homeschool friendly. We'll continue meeting with the Homeschool Exchange at the park every other Friday. I'm going to have to be careful with our time management, to ensure that I have time to teach Jacob math and piano, and that he has time to practice his instruments and do his schoolwork!

No comments: