Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sabbath!

When God wrote the 10 Commandments and said, "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy," it was one of the greatest blessings He could have given me! This has been quite a beautiful, busy, productive week, but I'm happy to "rest" from it.

We sent Jacob off to camp with his friend and we bought him a trumpet. Conrad's younger brother Jan had a heart attack, but was able to call 9-1-1 and get to the hospital. He had an angioplasty and a stent put in, and will have another put in in two weeks. I praise God our beloved Jan is doing well. We continued planning our kitchen--it's all more complicated and time consuming than I thought! I think we will actually order everything on our fourth and final meeting with the designer at Lowe's. The whole family went to Orlando for my nephew's high school graduation this week in my dad's new handicap van, which enables him to scooter in and scooter back out on a ramp. My 5 foot nothing mom has been lifting my dad, so the van is wonderful. I am so proud of Nathan for graduating. He is dyslexic and worked really hard.

After church today, we're all having dinner together at my parents. Haystacks. That's the Adventist name for taco salad (don't ask me why!). My sister Margy and her husband and little girl are coming over from Zephyrhills, which is near Tampa on the west or Gulf coast of Florida. It's a special occasion--Margy's birthday! I'm never happier than when I'm together with my family. I'm sorry Jacob isn't here. I hope Margy's little one isn't too disappointed. She and Jacob love to chase each other around.

Jacob called from Camp Kulaqua last night. He didn't feel well, and was homesick. Conrad and I are picking him up Sunday morning. It's about 2-1/2 hours north of us.

Happy Sabbath!

No comments: