Sunday, September 12, 2010

What A Beautiful Kitchen!

Even though we only did school one day, it was such a busy week that by Saturday I was utterly exhausted and stayed home from church. Friday, I took Jacob and his friend to Kennedy Space Center. It was a lot of fun hanging out with friends, but it was so hot outside! I drank a lot of water but still got dehydrated. I had a migraine at one point and was quietly panicking because my vision blacked out, but it passed, thank God. I went grocery shopping on my way home, so was pretty tired after my long, hot day. I put a frozen pizza in the oven for the boys' supper. Conrad spent his morning guiding the person measuring our kitchen for counters, then he went for a long afternoon motorcycle ride and ate supper at a buffet place. When I got home, I saw a drawn line on the concrete to represent our counter for the bar. It was so small and disappointing, not what I had been envisioning all these months from the drawing. Conrad contacted the company to change the measurements and make the bar bigger, so hopefully that won't be an issue. If it is, I don't really care. I just want this remodel over and don't have much fight left anymore, lol.

I don't know if my CMT is responsible for how weak and tired I've been feeling, or if it's kitchen related stress. I try not to focus on CMT and just engage in life as much as possible, but feeling paralyzed definitely gets in the way!

I occasionally remember to take care of myself, and felt much better after getting half my hair chopped off last week, and I have an eye appointment this week.

This weekend at home was just what I needed. Our kitchen cabinets were installed over two days (there is still some minor work to do--toe kick, trim work, "skinning" the ends), so I felt peace and happiness after getting the rest of our house back in order and cleaning drywall dust off of everything. Our house doesn't feel so much like a construction zone anymore. I can't wait to take photos, because our ugly bare space has been turned into a warm, cozy kitchen. There's still quite a lot to do though. I'm waiting for Conrad to take down the plastic hanging down from the ceiling that is so annoying and ugly. He wants to spray additional popcorn onto the ceiling and he says it's time consuming and has toxic fumes. Conrad has to install the floor (but is waiting for the toe kicks to be installed), tile backsplash, put in track lighting, hook up the dishwasher and and our new faucet (once the counter and sink are in). Then I'll take pictures!

I love my Boos block kitchen island, and for now it is the only counter we have. It makes our kitchen a little crowded, but I'm not ready to get rid of it yet, so I'm trying to find out a new use for it. I'm also trying to figure out what to do with an antique table from Conrad's family, a red antique shelf from my family, the pot rack, and my huge bulletin board that used to be my message center and hold my calendar. My Goodwill stash keeps growing.

No comments: