Saturday, March 27, 2010

Home School Is Winding Down

The balmy March breezes; Spring Break; Easter; homeschool book sales; standardized testing; evaluations; they all mean one thing: the school year will be over soon! Automatically I start thinking ahead to next year. Hmmm, what grade will he be in? What, that can't be right! But it's true. My baby will be in 7th grade. I wonder what I'm going to do with him? My mind starts to plan. We'll continue the Jacob's Algebra. We had a rocky start, but now he's doing really well with it (we both are). He definitely needs to continue handwriting because it's not good. He'll start Learning Language Arts Through Literature (LLATL). It didn't work for us in his younger years, but I loved it when his brothers were in 7th grade and up. Daddy is going to teach science. He'll read a variety of books; whatever interests him. That just leaves Bible (easy), history and fun electives (continue piano, band, art). Well, that was easy! 7th grade is just about planned already.

No comments: