Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tears for Michelle

My sister called me this morning to tell me that her young niece died. She was 26. Michelle was my sister's husband's family, but I lived near them and watched her grow up. When she was a teenager she would babysit my boys, and I was so grateful to have her help, because she was so loving and sweet with them. She had a brilliant mind, a beautiful face, and gentle, serene spirit. But inside she tortured herself and suffered depression, and after many attempts over the years, was finally successful at finding the peace and rest she craved. Oh Michelle, I miss knowing that your bright, beautiful spirit is no longer in the world. I can only find comfort in knowing that you are at peace, at last. I can't wait to see you again in heaven.

No comments: