Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Starting To Get Excited!

Our black kitchen cabinets were delivered last Friday, Aug. 27th! We started this project in June, and it's September, but we're moving forward again.

Lowe's wanted to install the kitchen this Thursday and Friday, but sadly we are teaching classes on Thursdays, so we scheduled for Sept. 14. Miraculously, the installer called back yesterday and said he might come over Thurs. after Conrad's class is over, but definitely would start this Friday at the latest, and finish up the following Wednesday. I am so thrilled and grateful! These boxes take up so much space that I can't wait for them to be where they belong--the kitchen! I look forward to filling the cabinets with dishes, pots, pans, silverware and other kitchen stuff that is spread throughout the rest of the house. I am so excited about my house getting back into order. I'll be able to breathe again. I'll be able to clean again! I'm reminding myself that installing the cabinets is only Step 1 (albeit a huge step in the right direction!). Then we have to be measured for countertops and wait for those. Conrad will be installing lights, backsplash, kitchen hood and vent, and the flooring, which we still have to choose and buy.

Jacob and I homeschooled Jacob's Algebra all last year and the beginning of this year, but I never liked it as much as Saxon, so I switched back. We started the Saxon Algebra 1/2, which has a lot of review of 5th and 6th grade math. I feel relieved to be back to the familiar Saxon. Homeschool is going great. Band started. Jacob's still playing trumpet and Conrad started trombone! My husband's such a cool guy.

We had our first "Homeschool Exchange" park day on Merritt Island last Friday. It was great! Weather was beautiful! So many field trips planned!

Our brand new "co-op" starts this week. These are the classes I referred to earlier. I have 6 new piano students! I'm going to be busy! Conrad will be teaching marine science. Jacob will take his dad's class as well as writing and photography. I hope it's fun. We are off to a busy, fun school year!

No comments: