Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Bike Week!


Life has flowed around homeschool this week, but that's normal for us. Conrad finally went to the doctor and got meds for pneumonia. He stayed home with Jacob Wednesday, and I went to Tampa General with a group of five other women to learn about how to handle our friend's new heart pump (LVAS). We enjoyed the trip and all felt comfortable with the pump by the end of our training session. Driving around Tampa was nostalgic for me, since I lived in nearby Zephyrhills for three years and spent two years going on dates with Conrad. We had Busch Gardens passes and frequented Ybor City, Hyde Park, Museum of Science and Industry, Aquarium and Lowry Park Zoo, with two or four boys in tow.

I left a stack of books and list of duties for Jacob. I was surprised that he quickly and easily completed everything without me. Maybe Conrad will make a good homeschooling dad when he retires later this year! Conrad took Jacob to the dermatologist to get his stitches out. It was really too early to remove them and was splitting, so they put sticky tape over it to hold it together. I wish they had just left the stitches in a bit longer. We haven't let Jacob get his hair wet and I can't remove the tape without hurting him. It's been a couple of days now, so I think I'll have Jacob get his hair wet to try and soak off the sticky tape so I can put a butterfly on it.

We don't have our new books yet, but Jacob told me he loves the crossword puzzles in Wordly Wise. Last year I put away the Easy Grammar that Jacob struggled with in fourth grade, and decided to give it a try again. Now he thinks it's easy and fun. Teaching is such a breeze when your child thinks it's fun!

Brandon is babysitting Jake today, so I'll need to get out the list of schoolwork from Wednesday. Brandon cleans our church for gas money, so Jacob will be helping him today. Conrad took off Friday to take me to my very first Daytona Bike Week. Thank goodness it has warmed up! I've only ridden on the motorcycle a couple of times, so this is a special event. It's been too long since we've had a date. I love having Conrad to myself every now and then.

No comments: